Skip to main content

Sketch Daily 01.19.2018 Anatomy Studies & Andrew Loomis: Figure Drawing For All It's Worth

Let me introduce you to a little fella that I'm growing quite fond of. He's so flexible. Well, he's becoming my worst enemy and my biggest help all at the same time.

I want to call him Flexo.


I've been watching too much Futurama. Anyways, I've been practicing anatomy like crazy. Heads. Hands. Eyes. Torsos. Feet and hands I kinda just want to crawl in a ball and cry when I draw them, they're so difficult, not gonna lie. The old adage goes "a watched pot never boils." 

Well...I've been majorly impatient with my progress and I've believe its showing in my work. I now get a mental block even before I want to draw, almost defeated because I see the little details instead of focusing on the major steps. The bottom line is I want to learn traditional art and the fundamentals. This is the only way which I feel that I can succeed.
Perhaps I'm putting too much pressure on myself?

Damn girl. Relax.


So, I've tried taking off a day out of the week from #SketchDaily to see if that helps. It has. On the major chronic pain flare ups, I will make sure that I get as much as I need to, and not feel guilty if I do not post or do not draw.


What I will do is at least continue to learn about Art or look at Art daily. This will keep my brain creative and receptive. So far, so good. I've been keeping up with this schedule for quite a while now and its working out well.

Keeping up with the Andrew Loomis egg head type shapes and simplifying helps.


Gesture poses: quick, simple, and capturing anything from 10-30 seconds.



Some Figures worked out better than others, while I tried planes. 

As I looked back on my older journals and sketchbooks I saw major progress. I knew that I was too harsh on myself and needed to chill the hell out. When I draw tense, nothing comes out decent and my flowy lines tend to be drawn from the wrist rather than the shoulder or elbow where needed. 

I have found a few other resources which were pertinent to my journey. 

As always, please like, comment, subscribe and send a donation my way if you can. You can contact me here. Much love to all that support. 
-brr

Comments

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani