Skip to main content

“Epiphany”

Dare I say

that the rhythm is gone the flame is subdued

the voice is unrecognizable. Being a chain of the link of fools

being a sad muse to the heartache which I had no clue

I say dare

to dream. To live out the endless realities that were once

reveries to the sleepless nights that held a tear for the eye to see.

Dare say I

to give me a reason to stay. For the name calling and insults

hurling anger and dangerous thoughts. Which one to blame

whom is at fault?

Dare I say

that what was once loved is now forgotten. Swept up in the wind

being a lonely echo. walked over time and time again

Dare I say

that I am

challenged to be without a lover easily

but living life oh so happily. Dare I say that without you

I am complete.


 

-b.r.rivera

Comments

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani