Skip to main content

"Submersion"

I need to know
whats in here.
what lies submerged
under skin and bones
tissues and veins
what is your lifeline
besides the rhythmic
beat of a muscle
pumped to the core
heard in my ear
as I rest upon your chest.
I need to know
what's in here
what lies soul deep
of hidden/chasms
of unexplored terrain
rustic and begging
to be a beaten path
from one's sole of their feet
I need to know
the simplicity of your
intricacies laid in
plain view yet
puzzling to the eye.
Enigma. a logic
that can only be
philosophised in the
hidden works of great poems
and metric within verse.
I need to know
what's in here
whats.
in.
here.
what truly moves you
and shakes you
makes your mojo
be your soul flow
and dance your life
to an offbeat chord.
I need to know
want to know
desire to know
what's in here. in you.
because
I am simply and
utterly in love
with what lies
(in there.)
-b.r.rivera

Comments

Post a Comment

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani