Skip to main content

"Tripping"

I stumbled upon a written stance
made especially for you
in the pages of my poetry notebook. you were there
subtlety lies within where
words intertwine mixing
into dreamworlds
reserved for you and I.
the words had meaning.
undeniable force awakening
vowels and adjectives
to try to give the description
of you. simply you,
being the mastermind behind
my muse. the unconquerable
agenda as to which
my heart mends and i
simply cannot deny
the very existence of your being. because you
being my secret lover
forced into the light
gave me the pen, the paper, within
my sight.
I stumbled upon (you).
-b.r.rivera
Because I love the number 3, my final posting for the day. Enjoy.

Comments

Post a Comment

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani