Skip to main content

"Enigma"

Love was like a long stemmed scented rose-
Until I found the thorns.

It was the taste of fine wine
Until the bitterness of the last sip was gone.

Being as soft as fresh fallen snow
Until the coldness reached upon me.

It gave me the sweet melodies in my ear
Until the one note made it unbearable to me.

Giving me a Cloud 9 feeling
Then I realized I had no wings

Seeing beautiful places it could take me-
Until I realized they were just scenes.

Love is like a mask,
Unveiled in a mystique
Then you realized all the lovely gifts it gave you

Were never,
For Keeps.


-b.r.rivera

Comments

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani