Skip to main content

Completion

you made me whole.
that piece where you integrated slowly
in a mass of tendons, bones and veins
captured breath when depleted oxygen ensued,
you made me breathe again.
you made me whole.
the intricate enveloped muscle
that exposed capillaries, ventricles and the circulatory system
regained the composure to pump and beat again
you mended the heart through wisdom.
you made me whole.
made me speak where i stuttered under clanking teeth
visibly nervous at how love can love so deep underneath
pained physical mental intrusions and battle scar wounds
you fought to save me
so the bud within me can bloom.
made me whole.

-b.r.rivera
14 of 30
#30in30

Comments

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani