Skip to main content

Estrellas

It's nighttime.
The crisp, cool air beckons me
and all of a sudden I want to go for a little drive.
Bambino's up
and its past his bedtime.
No worries, its not a commonality
to take our child past a certain hour
where we can be judged by Dr. Spock comparison driven mothers.
So we open the door, and the slight breeze hits us.
Its absolutely beautiful.
I see a pregnant moon
Its off eggshell crater face
smiling at me.
No clouds in sight
to hinder a luminescent tidal wave
in another part of the world.
He points up
He jumps
He laughs.
Pushing his arm forward, he grabs an invisible force
His tiny fingers extracting a woosh of excitement
and says, "It's too far! I can't reach it!"
as his eyes hold the reflection
of stars.

-b.r.rivera
5of30
#30in30

Comments

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani