Skip to main content

Hans Bethe

He said I lost my spice.
The kind that metaphorically exists
when little girls become sweet
and enter puberty for their round hips
and razor sharp tongues.
My oomph.
My electric glow invisible in
orbs, its aurora tingling into
goose bump nerve endings.
My je ne sais quoi,
the essential me that categorically bursts
unevenly, its disruption a force
that kept scientists mad in the lab.
He said I lost my              self
my dark being thrust down a deep rabbit hole
where I was much
muchier.
He said I lost a part of the x factor
the human chromosome of me, drowned in nothing-less
genes misplaced in a million of blood cells.
He said I lost my spice
my oomph
je ne sais quoi
x factor.
In a time reserved from point A to point B
I wonder where the muchness was
taken to derive at the result
of x - c ?

-b.r.rivera-taylor
16 of 30
#30in30

Comments

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani