Skip to main content

Luv Letter to You.

Do You Like Me?

Circle

YES         or          NO

and meet me by the slide. The one next to the
monkey bars, but not the one next to the swings.
You know,
the big one.
I have something to give you.
I know you don't like surprises,
so I'll just tell you. Its a dandelion.
My Pops said they're just a weed,
but I think this flower would look pretty in your hair.
I'll wait for you. Wait here for 10 minutes if I have to. I know
its a long time, but good things come to those that wait? Well, my
MomMom said that a watched pot never boils,
so I think she's talking
about me watching a clock but I don't know why a clock would be hot.
You know.
Not spicy. But from the heat.
It is warm out here today.
Listen, are you still reading this?
Why don't you just come and give me the answer already.
I'm going to miss the bus
and its a long walk home
When the answer
is
No.

-b.r.rivera-taylor
12 of 30
#30in30

Comments

  1. So much to love in this one - the multiple choice test, the dandelion, the dreaded long walk home alone. You absolutely captured that age, the sumultaneous seriousness and wonderful innocence.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani