Skip to main content

Disrupted Cadence

You invade me.
There is no hidden offbeat path
where I can dust myself off from rubble and shattered dreams.
Bury myself from conflicted wounds and organized chaos that
inevitably surrounds me.

I wave a white flag.

Simply surrender to the noise created from empty graves,
beckoning scythe and Hail Mary's
fingers approaching forehead, rosary laid to rest in
heartless coffins.

You are here.

You hear no bugle horn calling its falling back,
no wave of retreat into the dusk falling over the horizon.
I have no place to go,
no place to hide,
no place to run
Only a dream of what simple freedom felt like
before the day
disrupted cadence entered my life.

-b.r.rivera

Comments

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani