Skip to main content

Permeation

I want you in me. As me.

I want to know all about you. Discover a little
egocentricity and possible falsities that
lie deep and are undiscovered underneath. I want to ripple your wave
be the shadow replica of the movement in which
draws your orifice into being. I want to explore you.
Be the origin as navel (0,0)
go across undiscovered planes and rudimentary
shape shifting.
You are beautiful. And I want to trace you.
Draw little lines with my finger
where ink hits upon warm skin
supple fat and coarse stubble from 5 after 5
ante meridiem. I want to be your sunset.
Force the colors across cumulus clouds and earth shattering
hailstorms. Be the west end of equinox and its flaming orange and red
bursting a fireball within you,
as you.
You are my truth. My beginning, and my end.
You are the simplistic of words and the complexity of Babel,
scattered tongues that all equate the same meaning. And I adore you.
Want to sit front and center as your student
Where chalked lines become patterns of discernment. Repeat vowels
and consonants that others have fell short of. Ooohs and Ahhs becoming
much more than the cliche over thought choice for stumbling thoughts.
Yes and Yes becoming more than affirmation.
I want to know all about you.
Discover you.
Understand you.

Because I love you.


          And  In you,
I am you.

-b.r.rivera

Comments

  1. That really blew my mind, i love when words do that to me!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much for that kind comment. This piece I wanted to fully examine the entire word of permeation; what that would me if you were fully immersed in love and flesh. A beautiful sentiment to that submersion, if you will. I enjoyed writing it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. this was great. Read it a few times over i loved it so much. my favorite line was "You are the simplistic of words and the complexity of Babel" i had a few more that just made my brain tingle but this one really did it. Awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for that comment, @Samuel Alexander. Some lines stand out to me as well. I'm glad you immersed yourself within it; I often read and re-read poems which I simply adore to catch that feeling again.

    For me, this is what complete submersion in love feels like.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani