Skip to main content

Divination, Interrupted.

Had I known.
Had I simply known.
Had I
looked into a crystal ball,
eyes glowing all ablaze
see the fuzzy memories ahead
the future in a tell tale haze-
I would have run.
Run.
Run so
fast and so sweet
I would have become the breeze
A whisper of what is to come,
I would have shaped this earth into ease
Run so fast and gliding to the soil
A moment borrowed from the past
Tell the future me it was all a mistake
and dreams do not last.
Had I known.
If I simply known.

-b.r.rivera

Comments

  1. First off, lovely blog. I enjoy what you've done with the place.
    Second, you write swell. Your poetry flows and is so vivid. I would run backwards and tell the past me what is to come.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your poetry flows...you are very talented!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani