Skip to main content

Come Along, Red Balloon Sipping Tea

I go where my muse takes me.

Come along, Pond! Says my Doctor Who like muse
Riddled in red fez and swirling with a tangled mop about his head
He wants me to fly in the blue police box filled with infinite wonder
Sky high to literary heights and pull the lever at the sound of thunder
Ripple in time and be the wastebaskets friend
filled with wibbly wobbly stuff and stanzas to no end.

I go where my muse takes me.

Pop the red balloon! Whispers the old lady rocking hush
Crocheting with my special hooks designed as pens next to
the bowl full of mush. Hear little mice carry on about proper grammar next to the fire
Sprinkle a line here and there bunnies playing near the sock as I retire
Softly I go into oblivion, resting by the Sandman's ease
Goodnight moon, as I write calligraphy in my dreams.

I go where my muse takes me.

Sip the Earl Grey! Frantically screams the Hatter like idea
Tipping to and fro in my Underland ideas
Brainstorm to a talking cat, invisible to the world
Explain that I need a thesaurus to the blue dress blue eyed ribbon girl
They feed me a plant bursting with ink disguised as Popsicle
Meanwhile the caterpillar starts speaking
(dare I say)glancing heavily at me through a monocle.
Stop. That is not spoken correctically. 
It goes: How doth the little crocodile improve his shining tail. 
And pour the waters of Nile, on every golden scale. 
How cheerfully he seems to grin, how neatly spreads his claws. 
And welcomes little fishes in, with gently smiling jaws.


I go where my muse takes me.


-b.r.rivera
#30in30
7 of 30, April 2012
For my love of all thinks Jabberwocky, and Lewis Carrol. 
Italicized quotation from Disney's 1951 Alice in Wonderland

Comments

  1. You're very creative.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Darius! This one was fun to write. I was smiling the entire time. Sometimes its good to get out that silly humor and to use the imagination. What writing is all about.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani