Skip to main content

Luminosity

Reach out and tell me 
how many stars are in the sky.
Count 1-2-3-4
and realize you cannot count that high.
Reach out and tell me
do solar flares gravitate brilliance
Squint to see its hues of variation
and realize its beyond your resilience.
Reach out and tell me
can a thousand moons tug a war at beauty
Follow its map through orbits
and realize it's only God's duty.
Reach out and tell me
can a blanket of darkness sparkle in such shine?
Silently whisper a breathless affirmation
and realize you too, can be divine.


-b.r.rivera
Poem 23 of 30, April 2012
#30in30 

Comments

  1. Wow. This one is amazing! Really, one of my favorite of yours. Really, it could be one of my favorite poems ever. I enjoy staring at the sky at night.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani