Skip to main content

Day 12: "Sunburn" by R.L Stine

Day 12 in #BookSpine365.

R.L. Stine steeps into my memories like a good tea begging to be sipped or devoured, depending on your thirst. My childhood consisted of reading in general-me, hunched over by the nightlight past my bedtime scrolling text. My mother, walking past my room ushering me back to sleep. The Stine series were responsible for many a kid staying up past their bedtime, I'm sure. Quite frankly, I don't even remember how I still held on to this copy. This title I purchased in the early 90's, the era of Borders book stores, way past the nightlight phase-but I always will love Young Adult (YA) fiction. Still purchase to this day, and always will. I lost many childhood books and YA titles that were donated, lost, or given to others. I look at this book and ask myself-who doesn't like a little nostalgia? 
The paperback smells lovely. It's "pocketbook" sized, or mass market paper back. Well, I wafted it a few times before my allergies desired a Kleenex, but I'll sneeze anyday to get that perfumed smell of an inked page. Summarized, fun in the sun isn't what it seems when murders occur after accepting an invitation to relax in a beach house with a friend. These aren't just mere accidents; soon the truth is exposed. Very short read of 150 pages. In all, the author crafted about 100 Fear Street titles. Let's not forget his Goosebumps series and other book/magazine titles. Stine's bio on Twitter is that his job is to terrify kids. 

That's a cool job.








Book Details
Author: R.L. Stine 
Format: Mass market paperback. 6.8 x 4.2 x 0.5 inches. 3.2 ounces. 150 pages. Cover art by Bill Schmidt. Spine titling. 
Contents: Other books by author page, introduction, half title page, title page. 
©1993 Archway Paperback

-brrivera





Comments

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani