Skip to main content

Day 4: "The Book of Lies" by Brad Meltzer



Day 4 of #BookSpine365

You probably seen author Brad Meltzer on his popular TV show, Decoded. He surely brings in a conspiracy theory or two with breaks down the truth and history sprinkled in with a bit of intrigue-keeps it quite interesting. When I saw this book, The Book of Lies penned by him, I was instantly curious. I didn't even know he was a former NYT best selling author (although those lists can be quite misleading and biased) with a huge fan base from a previous novel. While I have yet to read this book, as there are many on my shelves which I purchase and have yet to read-I will eventually read it. I have skimmed it, and read the first few chapters.

In Chapter Four of the Bible, Cain kills Abel. It is the world’s most famous murder. But the Bible is silent about one key detail: the weapon Cain used to kill his brother. That weapon is still lost to history.
In 1932, Mitchell Siegel was killed by three gunshots to his chest. While mourning, his son dreamed of a bulletproof man and created the world’s greatest hero: Superman. And like Cain’s murder weapon, the gun used in this unsolved murder has never been found.
Until now.
-via
Sounds pretty cool, huh?

Book Details
Title: Book of Lies
Author: Meltzer, B.
Format: Hardcover with dust jacket 336 pages.
©2008 Hachette Publishing 
ISBN 978-0-446-57788-5



Comments

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani