Skip to main content

Inktober: Week 1

Week one of Inktober and lemme just say...it's been a hell of while since I posted on my blog. Whoa. Just whoa.

Anyways...pardon the dust. The cobwebs. The...yeah. I've tried to stay continuous with posting on blogger and it was just beyond difficult with my physical conditions. I will try to make myself more available. 

So what is Inktober? It's a drawing initiative with a set of prompts originally started by illustrator Jake Parker. World wide, people use the #inktober hashtag along with #inktober2017 on various social platforms to point and click their way through, connecting with other artists and viewing their work. It's super cool.
I didn't have much in the way of colored inks or pens, but did have traditional Japanese brush inks, ballpoints, rollerballs, office pens, gel pens, markers, highlighters, and a few oil based markers. Whatever I had at my arms reach, I just decided to get to work and just proceed to draw. 
I watched a few Youtube videos, including the "how to do #Inktober by Jake Parker, but I decided to proceed my way. If I wanted to do digital ink, I would. Pencil first. I also decided to share wide and far-eliminating my social anxiety of someone dismissing my art and being a total douchebag on the internet.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Day 1: began with Don't Starve together fan art, a game I frequently play. Drew Wilbur.
--------------------------------------------

Day 2: I always loved the Burton-esque look and decided to give myself some Afro puffs as the undead. 
---------------------------------------------
-----------------------------------------------------------Day 3: I had a hell of a difficult time drawing that day. Nothing worked out. Perry the Platypus. -------------------------------------------------
Day 4: Decided to switch up to the iPad using #TayasuiSketches Pro app. Drew an old friend
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 Day 5: Simple yet couldn't get the linework quite right. That's ok, he's a cool dude. Animal Crossing Fanwork of Pascal.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------Day 6: Revisited Don't Starve Together and had my own take on Webber, smiling. -------------------------------

Day 7: Finished off my first week with the "shy" prompt.


Things were off to a good start. Drew in pain, drew when I was tired, drew when I didn't feel like it, drew when I wanted to throw it away.

This is a good process.

Thank you for all that support.

-brr

Visit my Youtube to see my latest speedlapse drawings, or
random Tweets.

Want to support? Visit my Art Page here.
Much love.

Comments

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani