Skip to main content

Sketch Daily: Lois Lane and I drew lots and Lots and Lots of Hands.

Today I drew lots of hands. Digitally. I won't bore you by posting them. I uploaded a few few reference photos via the Art Rage app, and traced them. I repeated this step until my hands hurt. Then I tried without tracing. The muscle memory definitely helped. The hands looked less crappy, and I understood the flow of the digital side a bit better. Overall, I still prefer traditional because I love the feeling and control in my hand. While I can CTRL+Z (that's delete or undo) to death, I think that will develop bad habits for me while I learn. I would personally learn traditional mediums first and then get a better hold on digital, if that makes sense.

In the DeviantArt group prompt, I decided to tackle Lois Lane. I like the feel of the Justice League animated series, about 2001 or so. Anyways, I ended up with this:


It's a start. I'm hoping to improve, as usual. 

Speaking of which, don't forget to support my Art by visiting my Twitter, YouTube, Deviant Art, liking my posts, or donation love! All goes toward Art supplies or classes. Thank you so much for your support! 

-brr

Comments

Type in Search Query Here

Popular posts from this blog

Understanding Poetry: Rhyme Scheme

Exploring Poetry Styles: The Bop

A Runaway Slave Writes A Handwritten Letter To His Wife of Freedom. I Hope She Got It.

Understanding Poetry: Naani